Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wake me when it's over

This has had to be the most exhausting weekend on record. Friday was the wedding (they were so radiant and so happy!) and yesterday was Patternreview Weekend in NYC, which I've been looking forward to as much as I could with the DRESS FROM HELL hanging over my head.

I got home from the wedding by 12:30 a.m., took off my dress, laid out clothes for Saturday a.m., packed my bag to take with me, and fell into bed by a little after 1:00 a.m. The clock went off at 6:00, and I was on the 7:20 train. NY by 8:40, meetup by 9:15, shop until 1:00, break for lunch, shop some more until we retired to a Starbuck's at 4:00, and I realized that I couldn't do any more. There was a pizza party/gift swap/show & tell planned for 6:00 - 9:00, and I just couldn't do it. I had reached that point of exhaustion where if I had to do more, I would have either cried or just sat in a corner and rocked. (That probably also had something to do with the 30 lbs of fabric I was carrying at that point - more on that later).

So I bailed and took the 5:17 train home and collapsed on my bed for a while, feeling like a wuss, but knowing that if I had stayed, I wouldn't have had a good time and that would have ruined it for me. Sometimes you have to leave the party while you're still having a good time . . .

1 comment:

Connie B said...

But we still love you! I was glad to see you this weekend. Hope the cats and boy were glad to see you home.