Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stupid, stupid, stupid

Couldn't sleep, so went back into the workroom to futz some more with the shirt. Know when you think you're wide awake, but then you do something so stupid that you realize you shouldn't even be walking upright? Pinned and sewed both sleeves on the shirt - left sleeve in right armhole, right sleeve in left armhole. Gah.

Put it down, turned off the machine, turned off the iron, turned off the space heater, turned off the lights.

At least I didn't automatically trim the seam without having tried it on first. I'd have a sleeveless blouse, and that wasn't what I had in mind.

No sewing at all today: having my newlywed friends over for dinner tonight, and I just finished cleaning the dining room:


The menu: French bread with tapenade, goat cheese and cornichons for starters, roast duck with olives and potato/gruyere gratin for the entree, and cheese plate for dessert. Just a little French.

3 comments:

CraftRage said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!!! I know exactly what you're talking about! Last night I had a bit of insomnia, so I thought I'd sew up some simple square pillows - I sewed three of 'em, every single one of them inside out. Didn't realize it until this morning. Not only that, but two of them are sewn completely shut on all four sides! I'm too embarassed to even post pictures!

Elaray said...

I've been there, too! LOL!

The dining room looks great! Love the buffet/server.

Berry said...

That sounds like me! Lol! I hope you had an excellent "just a little French" dinner.

Oh and I was about to forget, thanks for your comment :o)