Kind of hard to tell at this point, and on Evelyn, but it does seem more-or-less coat-like.
I got the collar on smoothly and did a little buttonhole experimentation - I put buttonholes on the sleeve belts because they're not going to get heavy use so it won't be noticeable if they're not perfect - and it proved to me that I'm definitely going to get the rest of the buttonholes done professionally. These don't look bad, but they aren't perfect and the machine actually wheezed a few times when trying to get through several layers of wool. Not worth the effort for either of us when Jonathan's can do them for $1 apiece.
I omitted the welt pockets because I really didn't like them for this coat, and I'm very glad I did, because aside from the fact that my welt pocket abilities leave a lot to be desired, this wool is sufficiently heavy that I'm not sure I'd make anything other than a lumpy mess. I got the first patch pocket on last night, and will do the second one today. It's ridiculous how difficult it is to get things lined up evenly!
After that, we're going to introduce the coat to the lining and see if they like each other. I'm enjoying making this coat, but now that the unfamiliar part of the process is over and it's putting a lining in something and doing the finish work, I'm getting antsy to start something else.
Like maybe that gold and black plaid wool from Kashi. It wants to be a BWOF jacket when it grows up.
But if I had any sense at all, I'd be thinking Christmas presents. Somehow it's the 7th of December and I don't have anything finished yet. Ack.