Thursday, December 18, 2008

KwikSew KwikSweater


After a long and complicated project like the coat, I needed something quick and easy to clear my head.

TNT patterns exist for that very reason.

A while back I got some lightweight sweater knits from Fabric.com, and ever since I've been trying to figure out what to do with them. They were a little lighter than they appeared, so they can't be worn without something underneath. I found a black slinky tank top I forgot I had, so that was my starting point: I could use either the gray, the blue or the gray/blue. I chose the blue speckled knit.

Using KwikSew 3263 (raglan-sleeve knit top) as the base, I lengthened the pattern by about 2" and instead of banding the wide neckline as per the instructions, I cut funnel neck about 16" high, folded it in half, and sewed it to the neckline. Then I topstitched the seam allowance to the top, pressed it off, and voila! - something new to wear to work today.

7 comments:

Elaray said...

KwikSew is perfect for head clearing projects. It looks like we're going to need lots of sweaters this winter.

Lindsay T said...

Good idea. I have a couple of KS patterns that I think I'll also turn into cowl necks.

luckylibbet said...

A sewing 'palate cleanser' so to speak. Excellent head cleaner project - and very pretty to boot.

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

Great sweater and great idea...it's like cleansing the palette before moving onto the next course!!!

Cennetta said...

Nice sweater! Perfect easy project after a labor intensive coat.

Tany said...

I do that too! After a long and exhausting project I usually pick a nice and easy one! Your sweater looks wonderful!

Kat said...

Mmmm...looks yummy and warm!