Thursday, December 18, 2008

KwikSew KwikSweater


After a long and complicated project like the coat, I needed something quick and easy to clear my head.

TNT patterns exist for that very reason.

A while back I got some lightweight sweater knits from Fabric.com, and ever since I've been trying to figure out what to do with them. They were a little lighter than they appeared, so they can't be worn without something underneath. I found a black slinky tank top I forgot I had, so that was my starting point: I could use either the gray, the blue or the gray/blue. I chose the blue speckled knit.

Using KwikSew 3263 (raglan-sleeve knit top) as the base, I lengthened the pattern by about 2" and instead of banding the wide neckline as per the instructions, I cut funnel neck about 16" high, folded it in half, and sewed it to the neckline. Then I topstitched the seam allowance to the top, pressed it off, and voila! - something new to wear to work today.

7 comments:

Elaray said...

KwikSew is perfect for head clearing projects. It looks like we're going to need lots of sweaters this winter.

Meg said...

Good idea. I have a couple of KS patterns that I think I'll also turn into cowl necks.

luckylibbet said...

A sewing 'palate cleanser' so to speak. Excellent head cleaner project - and very pretty to boot.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Great sweater and great idea...it's like cleansing the palette before moving onto the next course!!!

Cennetta said...

Nice sweater! Perfect easy project after a labor intensive coat.

Tany said...

I do that too! After a long and exhausting project I usually pick a nice and easy one! Your sweater looks wonderful!

Kat said...

Mmmm...looks yummy and warm!