Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last purchases for 2008

I thought I was done. I said I was done. But austerity will begin anew tomorrow. I took advantage of the Vogue sale ($4.75 per pattern, you just have to wait until January 5 for them to ship) and I picked up OOP Butterick 3344 on Ebay after seeing it made up on Patternreview.

Can a girl have too many knit tops? I don't think so. And a pattern with that many variations is hard to resist. So I didn't. Especially since it was out of print.

The same explanation goes for Vogue 8536 - t-shirt, mock wrap, v-neck, sleeve variations. This one will be the basis for many other things.

I know, I know, my KwikSew T is my go-to T pattern, but it doesn't hurt to see what else is out there, right?

Then there's Vogue 8473, which I fell for when it was released last year. Mostly it's the jacket, but the more I look at the dress, the more I like it as well.


And last, but not least, another out-of-print pattern, McCall 5392 - the skinny jeans that Dei made with such success. I though I should snag them from Ebay when I saw them there in my size.

I feel only so bad about this small binge: two Vogue, $4.75 each; one OOP Butterick, $3.00 plus shipping; one McCall, $1.00 plus shipping. Basically, four patterns for under $20, including shipping costs.

Did I mention there was also free shipping with the Vogue pattern sale?

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Stop! You're killing me! Must. Not. Click. :-)

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Nooooo...I didn't know about the free shipping...I was trying really hard not to buy another pattern but if it ships on January 5th then technically it is after my deadline, right!!!

Kat said...

You've done well, girl! You've had an extremely impressive 2008!!!

Connie B said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Those purchases look like great choices. I am going to have to take a look at those skinny jeans pattern.

Dana said...

Hmmm, that first pattern looks very familiar lol! What is it about the patterns? I've been so good then I buckled and 5 more vintage patterns are on their way!

Diana said...

Butterick3344 is my all-time favorite tops pattern.I've made it about 10 times.i have the skinny jeans patterntoo . I'd like to try it in white denim for spring/summer.