Wednesday, December 2, 2009

November: Month-End Review

November was a strange month. With all the goings-on with my aunt, I really haven't had the attention span to sew properly, but going by the loaded bags waiting to be dropped off at the craft show tomorrow, I've been able to sew something.

The totals for November are actually somewhat embarrassing for someone who's been claiming she's been unable to sew.

For the craft show: 5 scarves and 17 small bags of varying designs. Happily, all the materials, including interfacing, zippers, purse magnets and lining, came from the workroom. These were literally no-cost projects and had the greatly added benefit of keeping my mind and hands busy.

I sewed in the linings on the last 3 gold brocade circular bags tonight. Last night I took 2 orange and 3 blue brocade bags to book club, and sewed linings instead of falling on the snack table like one of my cats.

Other projects than craft show stuff: a pair of my TNT BWOF pants in olive green wool/lycra blend from Jomar and the refashioned sweater trimmed up with the last of Carolyn's argyle.

Totals almost not worth mentioning: 2 yards for the pants, half a yard of the argyle. I'm not sure how - or if I should bother - to measure all the remnants that I disposed of on these projects.

Now, to find my mind. The move is Friday, and recovery will occur rapidly after that. Which is good, because the Menswear Contest has officially started over on PR, and I bought new buttons and lining for the jacket. Now I just need to get off my duff and get started.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a lot. Now stop complaining! ;) Hope the move goes well.

Connie B said...

Wait- Menswear Contest?!! How did I miss that? I should....nah- I'll let you win!
Luck with the move!

Linda T said...

From the looks of it, you have been a sewing demon! Hope your world gets back to its comfortable routine soon.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

That is a *lot* of little bags! I hope they do well at the craft fair!

Priyanka Dey said...

I love your gold brocade bags!!!
If they are up for sale then I am sure gonna buy some!!

Check me out at www.angara.com