Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gorgeous Fabric

I saw this silk/cotton fabric on Gorgeous Fabrics when Ann was having a sale a few weeks ago. I loved it, put 2 yards of it in my shopping cart, and chickened out.

I didn't need it. I came home from work, thought about it, went back on, put 2 yards of it in my shopping cart again, and then smacked my virtual hand.

I didn't need it. I have plenty of fabric.

And then, of course, in the way that things work, an occasion came up that absolutely positively required a new dress - and of course this was the absolutely perfect fabric.

I did some mighty mental whining about why I couldn't have bought it when it was on sale, pulled up my big girl pants and went online to buy 2 yards of it anyway, only to find an email from Gorgeous Fabrics in my inbox, announcing a Thanksgiving sale, where the fabric would be on sale once again.

I put 2 yards in my shopping cart, clicked "buy" before I could again be overcome by stupidity and/or self control, and the fabric arrived at my office on Wednesday. It is, of course, gorgeous, and just what I wanted for Thanksgiving.

Details soon about the dress it will become - just as soon as I finish tweaking the pattern, which I thought was already tweaked. Silly me.

6 comments:

Marybeth said...

I love that fabric, too... I've talked myself out of buying it a few times... Can't wait to see what you make!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I'm glad you indulged because it is a beautiful piece of fabric!

Sue said...

I love that fabric too - I have a piece in my stash waiting for the perfect dress pattern. Looking forward to see what you make.

Little Hunting Creek said...

I love that fabric too, and have been lusting after it for weeks :)

Kitty Couture said...

Oh, that's a gorgeous fabric all right!! Can't wait to see your dress.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is.

BTW, can't wait until the UCAL craft fair to see your creations.