Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Image FYI

I've had a few comments about whether or not My Image has plus patterns - turns out they do, they just don't separate them the way BWOF does.

The information sheet in the magazines gives measurements for sizes 34 through 48, though when I checked the individual patterns, most of them are sized at 36-46. Still, that's a better range than Burda's 36-44. I just looked up the centimeter-to-inches conversion, and here's the size range:

From 34-48:

bust: 32.5 - 44.5; waist: 25.5 - 38; hip: 36.25 - 46.

I started in on the skirt tonight. I haven't gotten enough done yet to actually check the fit - there are a lot of pieces here, and a LOT of topstitching, so all I have together at this point is most of the skirt front.

Tomorrow is another day. A day followed by a weekend.

1 comment:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Karen - honey, those aren't really plus size ranges! 46" for hips may seem large to a smaller size woman but that's on the really low side in plus size land! Even the bust size is low...