Sunday, April 3, 2011

Month End Review - March 2011

I spent a good part of the month of March talking about my lack of motivation, but apparently it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was.

And I did, at least, knock a few UFOs out of the sewing room, which are more important in the long run than the new projects, because they weigh on me.





This month, I finished a pair of khaki green Jalie jeans (sorry, still no photo); the BWOF 3/07 #122 bias cut skirt, which I love; the KwikSew 2935 "welcome home" shirt for Mario; the My Image M114 pieced skirt; and Butterick 4571, the Queen costume for the upcoming play.

I'm apparently having a skirt thing lately, because I'm currently working on my first project for April (yay, sewing for me!!) and it's another skirt. Part of the reason, I think, is spring and the lack thereof. I feel like dresses and bright colors, but even with the space heater, I can't get the workroom temp above 64, so that kind of puts a damper on my spring fever. Skirts seem like a good midseason compromise.

Today I was going to stop in at a community gardening event around the corner - they're clearing an empty lot and trying to establish a bird sanctuary - but when I went past on my way back from dropping off the costume, there were a surprising number of volunteers there already, so I kept going. Bad, I know, but at least I came home and put in an hour or so in the back yard, spreading compost and planning out where I'm going to put all the plants that will be arriving the first week of May.

And it's hard. Mario was visiting his family this afternoon and when I have the house to myself, it's difficult not to give in to the pull of the sewing machine, so that when he's home I can come out and be social and spend time with him, and hope that he doesn't hear the machine running as I continue working on my project in my head.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I often feel the conflict between time with my sweetie and time with my machine. Good job on all your projects last month:)

Pam said...

I think I'm in love with that khaki skirt - thanks for sharing with us!!

Michelle said...

My husband is a professional musician and has been on tour since the end of february. I thought, I'll spend that whole time in my sewing room! But, it seems that when he left he took my sewing mojo with him. I have made only a single item in march that was for me.

Have fun with the spring planting, I am no gardener, and am always amazed at what people accomplish!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You always seem to get so much more done in the month than you think! Please the costume alone would have taken me a month to complete!!

Ann Made Studio said...

Looks like you have been very productive..love the skirts.