Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Month End Review - July 2011

July was a productive month for me, probably because it was hotter than hell and my workroom is air conditioned. It makes a difference.

The totals for July are 10 items and 15.5 yards. Most of the numbers are taken up with t-shirt fest 2011, which was 5 for me and one for Mario, because he said he felt left out. His is a solid army green, and is in the laundry already, so no photo.

The rest of the month's sewing consisted of dresses: the brown embroidered dress; the yellow border print; and two versions of V1250.

Starting a special project for Mario tonight that will be revealed when he sees it. Not likely he checks in here, but just in case, I'll keep it to myself for a while longer. Let's just say it's one of the most frightening fabrics I've ever seen, and he'll love it - because of that fact.

Also on the list, and also for him, is another pair of cargo shorts. I'm not deliberately sewing for him rather than me; I think I may be getting over summer sewing but a new project hasn't announced itself yet, so I might as well be a nice wife, right?

I've spent some quality time with that shorts pattern I test drove recently, measuring it against all of his favorite shorts. The Simplicity pattern was drafted for a MUCH taller man, which means I removed 3.5" from the length of the leg.  This meant I couldn't attach the pockets where I wanted, but that's okay because I've moved the upper pocket to an inside pocket instead of an applied one, so now they'll look (hopefully) much more RTW. 

Not that he'll care - he just wants them not to fall down and to be able to put all his junk in the pockets.  Style?  That's just a plus.

4 comments:

annie said...

Don't know where you find the time. I'm retired and I don't think I have as many hours in the day as you!

Whatever became of the stray cat?

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You had a really good month but the t-shirt palooza really put you over the top!

Pretty Kitty said...

Wow, you are so productive! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

And the garden...are you able to eat some fresh vegetables?