Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sewing Haiku

Me versus the blade . . .
Blade will get me every time.
Day off from sewing.

Don't worry, no fingers were lost in the making of this haiku, only a few ounces of blood. 

Also, it wasn't after 10:00 p.m., there was no wine involved (at least until after the bleeding was stanched) and I'm very glad I misplaced my new rotary cutter blades before my cutter broke -- while I was using it, letting my thumb come down on the blade.

A nurse friend told me this evening I should have had stitches.  Too late now.  I'll live, and have another sewing-related scar to show to the unbelieving.

6 comments:

Lori said...

so sorry to hear about your cutting accident, heres to quickly healing.

annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sympathy from one who knows, ... and why I keep a pack of silver healing plasters in my sewing room. Laura UK

DebbieF said...

Ouch! Hope you wound heals fast and you are back to the sewing room quickly. Got the jewelry I bought from your Etsy site...I'm hooked...The jewelry was just so pretty!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear, Karen. Take care.

CHERYL DESIGNS said...

HI :) LOVE your blog :) Concerning INJURIES :( Hope you heal nicely :) Get to the drugstore and buy a package of BUTTERFLY BAND-AIDS. I call these my STITCHES :) I am a self-employed seamstress with NO health insurance at this time :) I cannot AFFORD a doc OR emergency room visit unless absolutely necessary :) Butterflies PULL a SMALL wound CLOSED. THEN...Put some anti-biotic ointment on it and a regular band-aid over top for a day or so. Check it, leave the butterfly ON IT... for a FEW days.. Of course, if it's inflamed or swollen, get thee to the ER...STAT :(