Friday, September 9, 2011

What are you doing next Saturday?


I'm going to be shopping with like-minded friends in New York's Garment District, and there's still space left if you'd like to join us. 

The expedition was organized by Elizabeth, and I am shamelessly filching her schedule to post here:

9:45am Gather in front of Starbucks at 494 8th Ave (corner of 8th and 35th St). I will hand out maps of the garment district and we’ll split into 2 groups.

9:55am Each group will walk to either Metro Textiles (265 W 37th St, Ste 908, between 7th and 8th but closer to 8th) or Elliott Berman (225 W 35th St, #7, between 7th and 8th but closer to 7th).

10:00am Shopping to commence!

11:00am Start having your fabrics cut.

11:30am Leave for other store. If you started at Metro, go to Elliott Berman and vice versa.

12:00pm Shopping!

1:00pm Start having your fabrics cut.

1:30pm Finished at both stores.

At this point, you can use your maps to shop at other fabric or trim stores in the district, have lunch or just go home. I look forward to seeing you all there!

The trip was originally scheduled for the weekend of Hurricane Irene, and wisely canceled as NYC evacuated and the rest of us couldn't get in or out.  Both Kashi at Metro and Elliott Berman are opening epecially for us, so it's important for enough of us to show up to make it worth their while or they might not do it again.

Come on, people, show up and support the Garment District, spend the day hanging out and talking sewing with people who understand you, and go home with a little fabric as a souvenir.

I don't know, it sounds good to me.

3 comments:

Peggy's Closet said...

What a wonderful day! I wish I lived close enough to go too! ~ Peggy

SEWN said...

THanks for plugging the day Karen. Can't wait to see you!!!!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Wish I could go! I will be at a family reunion.