Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Flat out

I have off from work tomorrow. Vacation day, you ask? Well, it might have been planned that way, but then things went sideways.

I got a reminder that the craft show load-in has to be done on Wednesday, November 30th. 

Oops.  That would be tomorrow.

How did I manage to put this out of my mind when I know the show opens Friday?  My "day off" has now become a day in - in the sewing room.  There are a few pieces left from last year and I made more after vacation, but what I really wanted this year was to do a nice pile of upcycled baby items from the great printed cottons I have in the workroom which were set aside for just that purpose. 

Tonight, after pricing everything and filling out my inventory forms, I brought out all the fabrics, my 3 favorite fast patterns, and pulled together fabric pairings for 8 dresses. 

How many do you think I can knock out by tomorrow evening?  Wish me luck, and much caffeine.

* Elaray asked where the craft show was taking place.  Since she's local, and there might be others out there, I thought it might be a bright idea (!) to post the flyer.  The University City Arts League is at 4226 Spruce Street in Philadelphia.  They offer all types of classes - painting, pottery, dance, etc., plenty of programs for kids, gallery shows and the craft show, which is a neighborhood institution.

3 comments:

Graca said...

Wishing you good luck and coffee!

Elaray said...

When and where is the craft show? I may stop buy for some christmas shopping.

AuntieAllyn said...

Sew, baby, SEW!!