Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Random Inspiration


No idea where it came from, but I LOVE this dress
Since the heat's been preventing me from getting much sewing done, I've been going through my inspiration files to keep my brain busy and thinking about sewing.

Here are a few things that I've squirreled away over the years.  Designer/sewist credit is given when I've retained it; if you can put a name to something I show here, please let me know. 

No idea, but LOVE the jacket

Mondo Guerra, Project Runway

Schiaparelli - circus jacket
Ralph Rucci



Not a Mad Men fan, but this . . . ?
Valentino

Giambattista Valli 2010 on Nina Garcia
Valentino - love that sleeve!

6 comments:

Lorinda said...

All very nice choices, especially the black and red.

pella said...

I love your choices. I've seen the black and red dress somewhere.... grey cells not up to recalling where.

Audrey said...

When I can't sew I look at my inspiriation photo's too. You have some great garments in your collection. Hope it cools down soon.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

I mean, can you believe this heat?!?! You've seen Julia Bobbin's version of that Mad Men dress, right? So. adorable.

Rose said...

Great inspirations! There are a lot of good ideas in your photos.

Nancy said...

The black and red dress is from Stop Staring; I've admired it too. http://www.stopstaringclothing.com/sunshop/30bmb-03-blkrd-200.html