Saturday, August 4, 2012

Not sewing, but still fashion

Jeez, the silence is deafening around here.

I can even hear the chicken clucking in the back yard because the sewing machine certainly isn't drowning her out.  I don't know if it's the heat, work, or just general lack of motivation, but there's been seriously no sewing going on lately.

Mario was away all last week and when he left I know he expected to come home to a woman who'd had almost no sleep, too much wine and a whole new wardrobe.  Alas, it was not to be.  I got some sleep, did have too much wine, and sewed . . . about half a knit top.  It's still not done.

I'm on a roll right now with clearing out the house.  I've been here for 11 years but it seems that the accumulation of the ages has sprung up when I'm not looking.  Good thing there's a thrift store down the street where I can take it all.  Oh, wait, that's where a lot of it came from.

Either way, there were half a dozen boxes in the hall by the time he got home, and I haven't stopped yet.  I've also dug out more of the boxes of family stuff, photographed it and am putting it up on Etsy.  Because I can't wear it all, and it needs to be out in the world (and not in my house).

So since I'm not sewing, and have nothing to show you there, I'll share some of the hats I'm listing.  This isn't an advertisement, or a plea to go empty my Etsy shop - though feel free, if something grabs you - I just think these are beautiful, and wish women still wore hats on a daily basis.

If that were the case, I'd be getting rid of something else and keeping these.


1 comment:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You know sometimes you just need to stop and let your sewing batteries recharge...maybe that's what's happening here. Good luck with the cleaning.