Friday, December 14, 2012

Is it Wrong?

That the look of this machine makes me palpitate . . . just a little?

I've got a nice new(ish) Singer that runs well, does pretty much everything I ask of it.

I've got a Featherweight downstairs in the dining room that needs a going over but otherwise would probably do everything I asked of it.

So why does the combination of the two - nice new machine, loads of stitches, but that sleek black paint job and the fiddly gold bits - make me just a tiny bit dizzy?

For the curious, the acquisitive, here's a link to the Singer site.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is just GORGEOUS. I don't sew enough to need a second sewing machine, but I'll be over in the corner here salivating.

CarlaF-in Atlanta said...

Because you WANT it :)

velosews said...

I've been considering this machine as well.

Lisette M said...

I understand.

mitch1066 said...

I have a basic white singer thats unreliable but i keep it because i have many feet for it lol.I have 2 1950's singer 401A that i use and a brother serger that i use but i still dream of a black and gold singer.I explained to an incredulous hubby that it doesnt even have to work ,i just want to use it as "art" :)

kcroteau said...

Not wrong. I keep giving it longing looks too. ;D

Rachel said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong about that. It is TO DIE FOR!!!

Rachel said...

I forgot to ask. Will you post a link to that? I may have to ask for it at some point for a gift.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

So when are you bringing it home? *smile*

pella said...

Too nice to use really.