Saturday, May 11, 2013

Time to take your Potion

I started working on these embroidered apothecary labels this summer.  I didn't have a purpose for them at that point, I just liked the look of them and knew something would come to me eventually.  I did three of them on a piece of ivory linen and then put them aside.

Recently they came to light in the workroom and I started thinking about what to do with them.

What I eventually came up with was somewhat obvious, when I thought about it - labels go on bottles and jars, don't they?  So I needed to find some bottles and jars.  Or make some instead.


The bottles here are cut from a pair of dark grape purple velvet pants I found at my local thrift store, purchased several months ago and stashed for just such an occasion.  The mossy green linen backing fabric was leftover from a dress I made for myself a few years ago.

These are going to be more pillow covers.  I think I need to make a fourth label, because the "Miracle Cure" just doesn't fit well on the first pillow.  But thankfully, there is a fourth label, and I'll be starting that shortly.

Apothecary label designs are from Urban Threads.

No comments: