Monday, March 30, 2015

Practical Things

Sometimes you just need to make something useful.

I stitched up these microwave-safe bowl potholders the other day because I'm tired of scorching my fingers every time I take leftovers out of the microwave, or heat the soup too hot and then have to carry the bowl upstairs.  (They're also nice for ice cream).

They're 100% cotton fabric with 100% cotton batting inside, so they won't set themselves on fire in the microwave -- something definitely in their favor.

I was thinking about making a few more sets to offer at craft shows this summer.  What do you all think?

12 comments:

Graca said...

I think these will make a great craft sale item. I would purchase them if I came across them. Go for it, it then they will sell!

Andrea said...

Fabulous idea!

Unknown said...

These are brilliant. I hate using my soup bowls to heat soup in the microwave because they get burning hot. I think these would be a big seller. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Great idea! I have never seen these at a craft fair before and I would buy them.People like a combo of pretty and practical.

Vicki said...

What a clever idea! Go for it. i'd buy them.

Irene said...

These are wonderful!

patsijean said...

I love this idea!

Sharon L said...

How ingenious! I would make a few and see how they sell - then take it from there. Good luck!

Lorinda said...

Yes, these should sell. What a great idea!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

These are fantastic! I'd buy a set cause I'm to lazy to make my own!!! *LOL*

Kathi Rank said...

I think your focus on making practical things is fabulous. These would be a good item for impulse buyers at craft fairs. What a great way to use up left over fabric -- best of luck with your new product.

Unknown said...

I don't think you will be able to make these fast enough to keep them in stock. Great idea.