Sunday, April 5, 2015

Not there yet

So it's Easter.

Thankfully my hen lays blue eggs and I don't have to do anything else.

Took a break from revisions to visit the inlaws today.  Ate too much, came home and did more revisions.

I'm down by 13,000 words and I'm only at the halfway point.

So much for thinking it was in a good state; all it took was the threat of someone else doing this work and it's amazing how many different ways I've found to tighten up my prose.

For sewing friends: it's like I made nice jacket.  Nice, but a bit boxy.  Maybe a little off in the shoulders when you look closely.  A smidge too long in the sleeves.  Something not quite right about the lining.

When I'm done, it will have princess seams and fit like a dream.

At least that's the destination.  But I'm not there yet.

2 comments:

badmomgoodmom said...

Rewrites are hard. Keep plugging away. I'm rooting for you.

Vicki said...

Good luck!