Monday, June 15, 2015

It takes a village to make a bear

Thanks so much to everyone who left a comment on my prior post about this bear.  As you can see, I took a little bit from each of your suggestions, and in the end, I think I (we) came up with something that will make the customer very happy.

I did end up using all five fabrics in the end -- the light blue for the body and half the arms/legs, the My Little Pony fabric for the head and the other half of the arms/legs, and the yellow terry romper for the ears and foot pads (including the original tiny Izod alligator, just because).

The difficult fabrics were, obviously, the Dresden plate and the shamrock prints.  I decided instead of using ribbon that I would make a tie from the shamrock fabric, and then, as suggested by Glenda, I appliqued the Dresden plate on the belly.  Because nothing succeeds like excess, I cut out the center circle and filled it with a pony.

Somehow it's both trippy and fun, and kind of feels like a bear that a child might design -- all those bright colors and random prints ended up working out, after all.

8 comments:

Jacqui said...

Your customer is going to be thrilled! It's a case of something so wrong being so right.

Valerie said...

Great job! It will be well-loved.

Linda T said...

perfect!

Rhonda Buss said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

The artist's eye......congratulations!

Ceci

Vicki said...

Well done, it looks great.

Summer Flies said...

You have done a great job... it's beautiful.

Frenie Agbayani said...

LOVE IT! I need to finish up some other sewing patterns first but then I’m all over this. Thank you! Keep it up!