Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Castles in the Air

Not a lot to say right now -- finishing up a large custom bear order and just received materials for the next one -- but Mario and I were out the other evening and I saw this and wanted to share it.

It's the window of a vacant store, and I spent a good few minutes looking in at it.  The whole thing is made from recycled cardboard - looking closely, you can see cereal boxes, Quaker Oats boxes, a whole litany of cut-up logos.

I think it's wonderful.

I did stuff like that (but not like that) when I was a kid, and it really made me want to come home and find the scissors and the glue.

It's a good day, when you randomly walk into something that makes you want to come home and make things.

Okay, that's it.

Back to making other things.  No castles, not just yet.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

How neat!

Sharon L said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful recycling project for all those colorful cardboard boxes. Thanks for sharing and since I love to recycle, my head is spinning with more ideas.

Lamar from Texas

Kris C. said...

That's amazing! I love fanciful stuff like that....