Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Day Off

I love vintage jewelry, but the sheer
volume here was so stunning I couldn't choose
We had ourselves a day off today.  I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with the temp job - it's only till the end of September, at the latest, but last Friday and this Monday have been very vivid reminders of why I don't do this full time anymore.

It's nice to know I can still handle it, but why would I ever want to?

Flea markets should be gotten to early, but that didn't happen.  We slept in a little, then took ourselves across the street to the coffee shop on the excuse that it was faster than making and eating breakfast at home.  We drove up to New Hope, PA, which is about an hour away, very quaint and charming and artsy, and across the Delaware river into Lambertville, NJ, which is just as quaint and charming and artsy, but has a huge flea market right on the other side.

Colored glass in a sunny window . . . delicious

That was the destination, and it was worth the drive (as always).

We got there around 10:30 a.m. and wandered for a few hours.  I found some lovely vintage goodies that I can polish up and put in my vintage Etsy shop (most of it really does come from the endless supply of family stuff, but every once in a while there's a flea market find -- or 10 -- that I see and can't resist the opportunity to pass on).

After that, we went back into Lambertville and parked, had lunch at our favorite restaurant, which has outdoor seating near the canal and (no longer used) railroad tracks.  Normally Mario is bug bait and we have to sit indoors, but there's an herb garden right there, so all available insect life was paying attention to that and he was able to eat and drink in relative peace.  (I was still there, after all).

All the Pyrex was sorted by color
Even with lunching, then taking a walk along the canal and hitting up a few galleries on Bridge Street after, we managed to get back to Philly before it was truly rush hour.

I'm in that lovely state now where I'm tired, from walking and lots of sun and seeing loads and loads of lovely things, and I'm feeling like I should go into my workroom and start on a project, but I probably won't.

Back to reality tomorrow.  I can face it now.




View from the lunch table

1 comment:

amazon, translate, hotmail said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.