Thursday, October 12, 2017

Better than caffeine

I'm still thinking about what I heard at last week's Penn Women's Conference. The other day, they announced they would be releasing videos of some of the keynote speakers - though not Michelle Obama, unfortunately.

Yesterday they released this video of Carla Harris, the first speaker of the day. She spoke at about 8:30 am, to approximately 12,000 slightly caffeine-deprived women, and she was better than a shot of Red Bull.

The speech is her letter to her 25 year old self, but I believe it's something every woman needs to hear, no matter her age, employment, whatever.


Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Summer Flies said...

Wow, that was a great speech. I wish I had heard that at 25 or even 30. I'm going to let so son listen to it on the weekend. Thanks for putting it up. Must have been a great conference.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this!
It is empowering and I plan to send it to my daughter.

mvpierson said...

Awesome. I needed this as I start my year end review. I'm going to use this to ask for what I want -- and deserve!

I hope that the rest of the conference was just as enlightening.

Karen said...

I've been handing this speech out like jellybeans to everyone - even at my current 50-something (cough), I still need it.

You don't ask, you don't get. That one I've known since I was young, but the rest - it was like someone turned on a few lights I didn't realize were out.