Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A special doll

This was a really special custom project I did back in late December.

The customer - the mom - contacted me and said that her adopted daughter had had cleft repair surgery, which left her with a scar.  She felt self-conscious about the scar, and said that there were no dolls out there that looked like her, both Asian and with the cleft scar.

So, being a good mom, my customer reached out and asked if I could make one for her daughter.

I was happy to oblige, and I think her daughter was happy with the result.


4 comments:

SewRuthie said...

How fantastic (and cute). What a beautiful doll for a gorgeous girl. Well done to her adopted mother for the commission and to you for such lovely execution.

Valerie said...

so wonderful

touran said...

These projects of yours make me heart grow bigger.

elizabeth said...

That is wonderful. The recipient is such a beautiful little girl. You do such good work!