Thursday, December 3, 2015

In case you wondered where I've been lately, the holidays have hit, and hit hard.  I have 3 more shows left before the day (one of them runs for two weeks), so I've been busy trying to keep up with the amount of inventory required.  Not a bad problem to have.

Plus, there have been a few custom orders, and I'm never one to turn down a custom order - they're way too much fun.  Two of them are pictured here, a set of personalized Christmas stockings made from two different vintage quilts (the buyer wanted them to be "boy" and "girl" without being obnoxiously pink or blue, and I think this worked) and a t-shirt quilt bought by a mom for her daughter who recently graduated from WVU.  I wonder what she's wearing now that all her t-shirts, sweatshirts and pants have disappeared from her wardrobe.

The quilt has gotten further along - the photo here is of the layout, and it now has strips of denim between all the images, along with a denim border.  It will be backed with navy blue sweatshirt fleece, sometime after I get things organized for this weekend's events.

Back into my cave now; I just wanted to give everyone an update and let you know I'm not buried under an avalanche of fabric.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Hi, delurking to tell you how I admire your work! I read the last few posts, and oh my, the bears are so adorable! How cool that clients bring you such nice things to work with! The tartan bears made me smile, and the blue & white embroidered bears are so adorable, and obv. mean so much to your client.

You are a talented artist!