I got tagged by Dawn. I got the same tag from Connie about a month ago, and answered on Patternreview, where someone tagged the entire site, so I don't think there's anyone I know out there who hasn't been tagged. Here goes:
1. I can't do things that most people do without thinking: I can't drive, I can't swim, I can't ride a bike. Being blind as a bat makes my depth perception wonky and the idea of driving (or riding a bike in traffic) scares me silly.
2. I flunked home ec (both sewing and cooking) in school. And I live to sew, and I love to cook. Go figure.
3. I'm allergic to cats. And I have 11 of them.
4. Working in my garden is one of my favorite activities after sewing, mainly because I have a 3-year-old's joy in getting absolutely filthy. In fact, the only down side to sewing is that I don't get dirty or (generally) work up a sweat.
5. People who don't understand think I sew because I'm a clotheshorse, or because I'm so totally focused on clothing and fashion - both what I wear and what is worn by others. Actually for me it's always been more about the process, the challenge to make something, rather than the actual wearing. I sewed for years without wearing most of what I produced, though I ended up thinking that was kind of silly and started making the kind of clothes I would wear. (It's kind of dumb to have a closet full of stuff you wouldn't consider wearing, even if you did enjoy the heck out of making it).
6. My own personal road to hell is paved with good intentions. I sit at the computer, thinking I should exercise. I sit at the sewing machine, thinking I should exercise. I rest up from both sitting on the couch, thinking I should exercise. Or worse yet, watching an exercise video while having a snack, and thinking I should exercise.
7. My mother always said I had the patience of a snake - when I wanted something, I'd bide my time indefinitely until I got it. I haven't changed much. It helps with sewing, and other things.
There. I've been wanting to sew all day and now that I'm home, I have this invisible wall between me and the workroom door. Don't know why I can't get up the energy to go work on things, especially when I'm working on the last two wearable items from the wardrobe, but there you have it. Inertia.