Friday, December 19, 2008

Fabric Shopping


Just a few quick photos to share some of the bounty of Tuesday's trip to New York: leather from Mood, cotton and silk from Paron's and black diamond-weave wool from Kashi (overexposed so you can see the texture).



There were a few other scores - the floral knit that he talked me into by saying I was the first woman to see the fabric since he'd just opened the package, the olive linen - but those aren't within reach of camera and so will be shared later.

I'm looking forward to tackling the leather. I went through all my back issues of BWOF with Connie when she was down and decided - with her able assistance - which jacket will be the next leather. The pattern I chose looks nothing like a leather jacket at this point, but it will. I hope.

5 comments:

Cennetta said...

You scored big. All cuts are lovely.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I really like the border print...where did you get that one again? :)

-E said...

Love that print! I'm dying to see which jacket pattern you came up with :)

Meg said...

Just can't stay off the crack, can ya?! Good score there, Karen. I'm following in your footsteps next week.

Kisha said...

Love the border ... can't wait to see it in person on the 27th ... Great score!