Thursday, July 22, 2010

I didn't need any fabric

but I bought some anyway.

Which really wasn't necessary because my Very Special Houseguest will be here soon and there will be some retail therapy occurring this very weekend.

But I couldn't wait. I walked down to Karlin's on 8th Street at lunchtime with Andrea, and we both indulged a bit.

I indulged a bit more, but I'm beginning to think about fall sewing, and Karlin's new supplier (the same one who sells the fabric crack to Jomar) is obviously also thinking about fall.

Of the 4 fabrics above, 2 are summer and 2 are fall: from the left, a dark olive pinstripe bottomweight with a little stretch (it's a really good green, it just photographs like crap); orange, brown and white plaid stretch woven - a 2.5 yard remnant for $5; 4 yards of olive green herringbone silk/wool/rayon blend with tweedy flecks; and a large print floral stretch woven that is destined to be another version of the BWOF 2/08 #113 sundress.

Apparently that shade of green is going to be big this fall for me. Like it isn't every year.

8 comments:

Vicki said...

I love that green. I have just recently bought some gorgeous flat booties in that colour - maybe a bit brighter.

Connie said...

ooh the floral! I love it the best!

Little Hunting Creek said...

Mmmmmmmmm, new fabric! I love the green too! And the cheerful flowered print could have followed me home. :)

Elaray said...

I knew I should have called you! I was in town on Thursday – right under your nose at the Citizens Bank, as a matter of fact. I made it to Karlin's about 1:30 but I only bought zippers and thread. I needed you there to act as enabler!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

We all need a new piece of fabric to inspire us every now and then! :)

meli88a said...

There's really nothing wrong with buying fabric when the price, weave, and color are right. You can keep it forever and it doesn't go bad, overripen, or stale!

Rose said...

You added some lovely fabric to your collection. I never wait until I NEED fabric. Then, I'm never able to find it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

lsaspacey said...

The orange plaid is so Louis Vuitton and Prada Fall collections. Lucky you!