Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Just a bit of news

Katie is unimpressed by my news.
Remember this post?

Well, apparently (surprisingly?) taking action can bring results. 

In other words,

I HAVE AN AGENT!!!!!!!!

That doesn't mean I have a publisher, but it's a start.  I found someone who liked the manuscript enough to want to pitch it to publishers, which is more than I could say a few months ago.

It's a process, though.  There will be some edits, I'm sure, probably not until the beginning of next year, but I've already started thinking about them.  Along with what comes next.

Did I mention, I'm EXCITED?????

This is what happens when you finally face down the fear that what you've done might not be good enough.  What's the worst that could have happened -- rejection letters?  I got a number of those, but I also got one that said "yes."  And that makes all the difference.



16 comments:

badmomgoodmom said...

Congratulations. Fingers crossed that you get a publisher.

Anonymous said...

Great! We look forward to seeing it in press!!!

Kristen

Marjie said...

Katie is containing her excitement. She doesn't want to steal your thunder. Congratulations on your bit of news.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Congratulations!!!! This is fantastic news. Fingers and toes crossed. Prayers sent up to the angels.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope the publishing goes smoothly!

Graca said...

Congratulations! This is great news but could Katie's lack of excitement be fear of how she's characterized in your writing? Just kidding! Wonderful news.

a little sewing said...

congratulations!

Laura said...

Absolute goosebumps!!!

Kyle said...

Katie looks like she's had a bad day!
Congrats on the agent!
Hey, you changed the name of your blog... when did that happen?

Vicki said...

How exciting. One step closer.

Sharon L said...

That is the best news! Congratulations and good luck! Look forward to reading your published work.

DawnSSL said...

How exciting! congratulations!

Sarah C said...

Congrats!!

Valerie said...

Congratulations! You inspire me to conquer my fears and follow my dreams.

Nancy said...

Congratulations!

Lisette M said...

Somehow I missed your post about the book. I am so excited for you! I always thought your writing was phenomenal and I'm sure you will be successful in this new venture.