Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Vintage Pattern Alert!

So the one resolution I've been able to keep so far this year is my vow to seriously declutter the house.

That even includes patterns.

Somehow, I have three large plastic bins of vintage sewing patterns.  Don't ask me how; I've probably only purchased 15-20 of them personally.  Others have been found in free boxes, donated by friends, handed over by complete strangers who said, "Oh, I heard that you sew," a few were even in the attic when I bought the house.

And I'm never going to use them all.  I know that.

Plus, there's a huge number of them (at least 25-30) that have 30-32" bust measurements, and I'm never going to do that kind of pattern alterations.

So I'm slowly going through them to make sure they're complete, photographing them and getting them up on Etsy in the hope of finding new homes for some of them

Link to the Vintage Sewing Section is here -- please go take a look.  All patterns (unless they're something absolutely spectacular and rare) are listed at $5 per, with $2 shipping and $.50 shipping for each additional pattern.

Surely there's something that makes your heart beat faster.  And if not, check back tomorrow.  I'm going to try to post 5 patterns a day until my patience runs out or my camera battery dies.  Whichever comes first.

1 comment:

Lyndle said...

Good for you! I'm not in the market for 30 in bust patterns either, but I'll enjoy looking. That Vogue above is gorgeous, isn't it?